Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Taylor Swift sings against God ?

Taylor Swift's new album draws criticism from Christian leaders who say it mocks God, Christians By Nicole VanDyke, CP Reporter Friday, April 26, 2024. Taylor Swift's new album, The Tortured Poets Department, has garnered criticism from faith leaders who have taken to social media this week to express their distaste with the lyrical content that they believe mocks God and Christians. Released last Friday, critics have voiced concern over lyrics that tend to suggest that Christians are both hateful and judgemental. In one song, Swift sings: "God save the most judgmental creeps/ Who say they want what's best for me/ Sanctimoniously performing soliloquies I'll never see/ Thinkin' it can change the beat/ Of my heart when he touches me/ And counteract the chemistry/ And undo the destiny/ You ain't gotta pray for me/ Me and my wild boy and all of this wild joy/ If all you want is gray for me/ Then it's just white noise, and it's just my choice." In the song "Guilty As Sin," Swift sings: "What if I roll the stone away?/ They're gonna crucify me anyway/ What if the way you hold me is actually what's holy." Eleven of the 31 songs contain an "E" under the album's description listing, which stands for "explicit." And several songs have the F-word included within the lyrics.

No comments: